The latest market report published by Acute Market Reports “Anti-infective Drugs Market – Growth, Future Prospects, Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2026,” the global anti-infective drugs market was valued at US$ 114,882.2 Mn in 2017 and expected to reach US$ 168,628.1 Mn by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2018 to 2026.
Browse the full report Anti-infective Drugs Market – Growth, Future Prospects, Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2026 report at https://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/anti-infective-drugs-market
Infectious diseases are caused by bacteria, fungus, viruses, and other pathogens and have rapid transmission rate if left untreated, thus proving fatal. For treating such diseases anti-infective agents are administered. Anti-infective drugs act by either inhibiting the spread or killing the disease causing pathogens. Growing prevalence of infectious diseases such as malaria, HIV, Ebola virus infection and so on has brought several changes in the healthcare environment worldwide. Growing awareness in the general population and healthcare professionals, and reimbursements to infection treatment has played a critical role in determining the trends in the anti-infective drugs market. Furthermore, associations and welfare bodies such as the WHO are also actively seeking to enhance awareness regarding infectious diseases. Introduction of novel therapeutics with better efficacy, and healthy drug pipeline will open better avenues in the market.
Among the considered drugs such as anti-bacterials, anti-virals, and anti-fungals, anti-bacterial drugs segment dominated the global anti-infectives market in 2017. The dominance of anti-bacterials segment is mainly attributed to higher preference as the first line of treatment, and greater acceptance, popularity and accessibility. Introduction of combination drugs for treatment and prevention of spread of serious infections will further assist in augmenting the market growth. Additionally, it is anticipated that the anti-viral drugs will undergo the fastest growth in the market during the forecast period, due to high prices of anti-virals and introduction of stronger medications in the market.
Geographically, North America dominates the global anti-infective drugs market high prevalence of infections across all age groups. Impressive accessibility to infection treatments and existence evolved reimbursement system are attributed to the dominant position of North America in the global market. On the other hand, Asia Pacific will witness the fastest market growth during the forecast period. Rapid evolution of healthcare infrastructure, high unmet needs for novel drugs and growing awareness in patient pool and healthcare professionals support the rapid growth of this market.
The global anti-infective drugs market is highly competitive and fragmented in nature. The presence of generic drugs is significant in the market with stronghold of local players in this segment. Some of the major players operating in the global anti-infective drugs market are Abbott Laboratories, Inc., AstraZeneca Plc, Bayer AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Novartis AG, etc.
Key Market Movements:
- Growing birth rate and life expectancy to increase the incidence of infective diseases
- Poor living conditions in low- and middle-income countries have further increased the incidence of infections that may prove fatal to the patients if left untreated
- Increasing influx of novel and combination drugs that act against drug resistance
- Entry of major market players in the emerging regions and Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the current market trends and dynamics in the anti infective drugs market and valuable opportunities for emerging players?
- Estimated forecast and market projections up to 2029
- Which segment accounts for the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which is the largest regional market for anti infective drugs?
- What is the market trend and dynamics in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- The worldwide market value of the anti infective drugs market in 2019 and 2020
- Which are the key trends driving the global anti infective drugs market growth?
- Who are the leading service providers in the anti infective drugs market worldwide?
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives.