According to the latest report published by Acute Market Reports “Antihistamines Market – Growth, Future Prospects and Competitive Analysis, 2018-2026,” the global antihistamines market will grow at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2018 to 2026.
Browse the full report Antihistamines Market – Growth, Future Prospects and Competitive Analysis, 2018-2026 report at https://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/antihistamines-market
The global antihistamines market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026. Histamine is a key intermediary of instant hypersensitivity reactions acting locally and assisting vasodilation, smooth muscle contraction, high vascular permeability, inflammation, and edema. Antihistamines are representative of a class of drugs that inhibit the histamine type 1 (H1) receptors. H1 receptor is present on smooth muscle of bronchi, gastrointestinal tract, uterus, and large blood vessels. The major application of antihistamines has been observed in treatment of symptoms such as allergic conditions including itching, runny nose, nasal stuffiness, urticaria, teary eyes, dizziness, cough, and nausea. A few common side effects observed due to antihistamines treatment are sedation, impaired motor function, dry mouth & throat, dizziness, blurred vision, constipation and urinary retention. However, since a few decades modern drug development technologies have helped to reduce aforementioned side effects of antihistamines.
The two classes of antihistamines comprise first generation and second generation antihistamines. The first generation antihistamines comprises of drugs such as alimemazine, clemastine, chlorphenamine, hydroxyzine, cyproheptadine, ketotifen, promethazine and others. The drugs such as cetirizine, acrivastine, desloratadine, levocetirizine, fexofenadine, and loratadine. In 2017, second generation antihistamines segment was observed as the largest market as they are used as first line of action in diseases such as urticaria & common cold, and modern drug development technologies have assisted to enhance the activity of second generation antihistamines e.g.: Levocitirizine was developed from cetirizine to reduce dizziness caused by cetirizine. Thus, technological support is expected to develop the therapeutic effect of second generation antihistamines in the near future.
There are several applications of antihistamines such as allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, atopic dermatitis, anaphylaxis and others (angioedema, pruritus, and others). Allergic rhinitis and urticaria together accounted more than 50% of the market share in year 2017 due to highest global prevalence of disease coupled with rising awareness and accessibility related to diagnosis and treatment of diseases. According to American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI), globally allergic rhinitis affects around 10% to 30% of the population every year. Thus, the prevalence of diseases determine the demand for antihistamines in the market.
The global antihistamines market experiences huge competition due to the presence of several national and international market players. Since most of the drugs are generic and available over the counter which makes antihistamines market more competitive. Key players in the market include Bayer AG, Almirall S.A., Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca plc, Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., Sanofi SA, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Merck & Co., Inc., Akorn, Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and others.
Key Market Movements
- Globally, the antihistamines market will significantly grow at a CAGR of 8.7% for the period from 2018 to 2026
- First generation and second generation antihistamines are further sub-segmented including drugs such as Chlorphenamine, Alimemazine, Clemastine, Hydroxyzine, Cyproheptadine, Ketotifen, Acrivastine, Promethazine, Cetirizine, Fexofenadine, Desloratadine, Loratadine, and Levocetirizine
- Second generation antihistamines was identified as the largest market and expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period from 2018 to 2026
- Asia Pacific was identified as most promising region in the near future during the forecast period 2018 to 2026
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the current market trends and dynamics in the antihistamines market and valuable opportunities for emerging players?
- Estimated forecast and market projections up to 2029
- Which segment accounts for the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which is the largest regional market for antihistamines?
- What is the market trend and dynamics in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- The worldwide market value of the antihistamines market in 2019 and 2020
- Which are the key trends driving the global antihistamines market growth?
- Who are the leading service providers in the antihistamines market worldwide?
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives.