The latest market report published by Acute Market Reports “Global Premature Ejaculation Treatment Market – Growth, Future Prospects, Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2026,” the global premature ejaculation treatment market was valued at US$ 1,666.1 Mn in 2017, and is expected to reach US$ 3,541.4 Mn by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2018 to 2026.
The disease etiology of premature ejaculation is not clearly understood. The theories which have been postulated for the occurrence of premature ejaculation in men are rapid masturbation during adolescence, performance anxiety, having less sexual experience and passive aggressiveness. However, these theories are supported with little or no evidence. Urologist throughout the globe believe that the nucleus paragigantocellularis of the neuronal cells are involved in the premature ejaculation. It causes the patient and his sexual partner emotional and relationship stress. It can be classified as primary or lifelong premature ejaculation and acquired or secondary premature ejaculation. The other factors which can cause premature ejaculation are inflammation of prostate or urethra, inherited traits and abnormal levels of neurotransmitters. Tremendous technological developments have taken place in the formulation research and development segment to provide drugs with maximum efficacy and minimal side effects.
Currently the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors dominate the premature ejaculation treatment market. It comprises of drugs such as sertraline, paroxetine, fluoxetine and citalopram. It has quick response as it reduces the serotonin uptake at presynaptic neuronal cells and increases the serotonin concentration at postsynaptic receptor cells, thereby delaying the intravaginal ejaculation time. Topical anesthetic agents will showcase excellent growth during the forecast period owing to its availability as creams, sprays and condoms which provides climax control by controlling the afferent-efferent reflex pathway and delaying the ejaculation.
Browse the full report Premature Ejaculation Treatment Market – Growth, Future Prospects, Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2026 at https://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/premature-ejaculation-treatment-market
Oral route of administration is preferred by patients suffering with premature ejaculation disorder on account of faster onset of action and is popular among urologists to be prescribed for treating acute premature ejaculation disorder. Topical route of administration is growing at a rapid pace due to better patient compliance and effectiveness in increasing the ejaculation latency time by reducing the sensitivity at glans penis.
Rising prevalence of relationship problems, sexual performance anxiety and illicit drug abuse controls the premature ejaculation treatment market growth in North America. Asia Pacific will be performing with excellent market growth owing to key factors such as rising public awareness regarding premature ejaculation and availability of generic drugs at lower price.
The major players providing medications for treatment of premature ejaculation are Absorption Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Allergan Plc, Bayer AG, Eli Lilly & Company, GlaxoSmithkline Plc, Innovus Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer, Inc. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Key Market Movements:
- Increasing number of patients suffering with premature ejaculation disorders
- Technological advancement in the preparation of anesthetic agents such as aerosol sprays and condoms to increase intravaginal latency time
- Rising public awareness regarding premature ejaculation in both patients and physicians
The Global Premature Ejaculation Treatment Market is Segmented into:
By Drug Class (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
By Route of Administration (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
Geography Segment (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
*Complete segmentation list is on report page
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the current market trends and dynamics in the premature ejaculation treatment market and valuable opportunities for emerging players?
- Estimated forecast and market projections up to 2029
- Which segment accounts for the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which is the largest regional market for premature ejaculation treatment?
- What is the market trend and dynamics in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- The worldwide market value of the premature ejaculation treatment market in 2019 and 2020
- Which are the key trends driving the global premature ejaculation treatment market growth?
- Who are the leading service providers in the premature ejaculation treatment market worldwide?
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives.