According to the latest report published by Acute Market Reports “Glycogen Market” – Growth, Future Prospects, and Competitive Analysis, 2019-2029,” the Glycogen Market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5 % from 2021 to 2029.
Glycogen is the analogue of starch, a glucose polymer that functions as energy storage in plants. It has a Glycogencture similar to amylopectin which is a component of starch, but is more extensively branched & compact than starch. Both are white powders in dry state. Advantage of glycogen is it forms an energy reserve that can be quickly mobilized to meet a sudden need for glucose. Various inborn errors of metabolism are caused by deficiencies of enzymes necessary for glycogen synthesis or breakdown. These are collectively referred to as glycogen storage diseases. During intense, intermittent exercise & throughout prolonged physical activity, muscle glycogen particles are broken down, freeing glucose molecules that muscle cells then oxidize through anaerobic and aerobic processes to produce the adenosine triphosphate (ATP) molecules required for muscle contraction.
The US Institute of Medicine’s recommended daily allowance for carbohydrate consumption in sedentary adult men & women to be 130 g, with additional carbohydrates required to match that oxidized during physical activity, a value that varies with the duration and intensity of exercise. The sports industry has significant growth during the pandemic as people had to deal with weight management with lesser work out options due to lockdown. Sports nutrition products include various products such as vegan and organic products, supplements, protein food, protein shakes and weight loss products. Over 60% of the population spend more than $40 each month, and about 13% of the US citizens shell out over $100 on supplements per month. On the other hand, Americans spend the least on vegan specific products, with the average US adult spending only $2,330 on vegan produce in their life.
Asia Pacific region accounted for the largest share of glycogen market in 2020 by volume and is expected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period. North America accounted for the second largest volume share of glycogen market. Plant based glycogen is the largest segment and primarily maize is one of the largest cereal variety to extract glycogen.
Key players in the market include SpectGlycogenm Chemical Mfg. Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd, AMO Pharmaceuticals, Cayman Chemical Company, LG Chem, Mitsubishi Chemical, Takeda Pharmaceutical. Market players have restricted their businesses to limited products and striving to maintain its position by offering excellent products complying highest quality standards worldwide. Also, many players are aggressively investing on product innovation and product quality maintained at their in-house R&D facilities.
Key Market Movements:
- Glycogen market is projected to grow at CAGR of 6.5 % from 2021 – 2029.
- Research & development in glycogen is the key growth factor.
- Food & nutrition industry has dominated the market, cause of wide range of products.
- Asia Pacific holds the major share in the regional analysis, as a cause of youth population.
- Key players in this industry include SpectGlycogenm Chemical Mfg. Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd, AMO Pharmaceuticals, Cayman Chemical Company, LG Chem, Mitsubishi Chemical, Takeda Pharmaceutical.
- Players are aggressively investing on product innovation and product quality maintained at their in-house R&D facilities.
Glycogen market is segmented into:
By Source (2019–2029; Ton, US$ Mn)
By Application (2019–2029; Ton, US$ Mn)
Geography Segment (2019–2029; US$ Mn)
Global Impact of Covid-19 Segment (2020-2021; US$ Mn)
*Complete segmentation list is on the report page
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the current market trends and dynamics in the glycogen market and valuable opportunities for emerging players?
- Estimated forecast and market projections up to 2029
- Which segment accounts for the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which is the largest regional market for glycogen?
- What is the market trend and dynamics in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- The worldwide market value of the glycogen market in 2019 and 2020
- Which are the key trends driving the global glycogen market growth?
- Who are the leading service providers in the glycogen market worldwide?
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives.